Stop Smoking Tips

If you're interested in trying to quit smoking, you're probably looking all over the place for a decent list of stop smoking tips.

Five Reasons Why People Should Quit Smoking

Written by V Pender on 1/17/2009

In this article I am going to write about the reasons why I believe people should stop smoking. I hope it proves to be an inspiration for many people who are potentially thinking of quitting these cancer sticks once and for all. Smoking does and will have a negative impact on your life if of course you continue with this nasty habit, therefore it is definately worth starting to look for the best ways to quit smoking.

I have to admit that I used to be a smoker, I was never on lets say twenty a day but was more of what people would call a social smoker. I would at that point find it very difficult to go out with my friends for a few beers without being able to smoke etc. It actually would be something that I would look forward to and at the stage I had no real reasons as to why I should not do it. After a hard and stressful week at work there was nothing better than the thought of having a pint of lager with a cigarette to go with it.

The problem started to occur when I began to buy packs of ten cigarettes in the week to take to work with me. In my mind I had thought that to smoke at work would give me the same type of pleasure that smoking did whilst drinking etc. I felt very let down when I realised that it just was not the same but for whatever reason I continued to buy and smoke them.

My colleagues at work started to comment on the fact that I was smoking and stated that my clothes really stunk of cigarettes. People in my opinion started to treat me differently, it was like I was a second class citizen. I decided that I needed to stop smoking for these and other reasons, especially as I did not really enjoy it that much apart from when I was in a bar of course.

I stopped smoking for five main reasons:

1. To save money as a packet of cigarettes costs a lot of money.

2. I did not like my clothes smelling of cigarettes.

3. Health reasons, smoking is the cause of many health problems including cancer.

4. Smoking can be a big turn off to women. I found it hard enough to meet and attract women and to give them another reason not to like me was just being stupid.

5. I wanted to be classed as a non-smoker as I felt that I was been treated like some sort of loser when I was a smoker.

It was not easy to quit smoking but it is certainly worth while, why not give it a go, you may well surprise yourself.

Stephen Hill helps to promote a number of websites including:

lower mobile phone charges

stammering information

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steve_Hill

Health News:

The Treatment of Obesity With Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture (Part 1)
Obesity in Chinese Medical Theory It's rarely how much you eat but rather:What you eat andHow efficient your body is at metabolising the food you take inYes, the...

  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Five Reasons Why People Should Quit Smoking ”

Stop Smoking Tips

If you take the time to create a good plan that is firm you will find a much better success rate. Setting yourself up for success is one of the most important things that you can do in your attempt to quit smoking and failing to do this will often result in the cycle of continuously trying to quit.

Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader.