Stop Smoking Tips

If you're interested in trying to quit smoking, you're probably looking all over the place for a decent list of stop smoking tips.

Why is it So Hard to Quit Smoking? (It Doesn't Have to Be!)

Written by V Pender on 6/19/2009

Just over a year ago, I found myself asking the same question. Smoking was making me feel awful and draining quite a bit of money from my pockets.

As a pack or two a day smoker, I barely had the lung capacity to do anything. I couldn't go through anything without smoking several cigarettes, and if I went to the bar I was looking at spending probably a good ten to fifteen dollars on cigarettes alone.

I was addicted to smoking. That part was obvious. Sure, I tried quitting. I tried the nicotine patch, I tried cold turkey, I tried some sort of hokey pill, and none of them worked. Why? Because I believed that I needed cigarettes to go on with my life.

Why is it so hard to quit smoking? Because you think it is. That's the only reason. You can't quit smoking because you don't think that you'll be able to. You tell yourself that you aren't going to smoke, when you still want to keep smoking. Denying yourself something while still wanting it is dang near impossible, as I can tell you from experience.

When you've quit smoking, you won't have to have quit for 6 months or any set period of time. You'll know you've become a non-smoker because you won't want cigarettes any more. You will have moved on from smoking, because you will have told your mind that it doesn't need cigarettes to keep functioning. You won't be lying to it either, merely unraveling its confusion as a result of smoking.

This all probably sounds quite bizarre to you. You want to quit smoking for your health, but you still want to keep smoking because it makes you feel good, right? Read over this book and you'll see that you're deluding yourself.

why is it so hard to quit smoking?

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/quit-smoking-articles/why-is-it-so-hard-to-quit-smoking-it-doesnt-have-to-be-975785.html

Health News:

Best Foods to Eat for Healthy Hair Growth
There are many things you can do to take care of your hair. But most people pay attention to what they do with their hair, but neglect the foods that they consume....

  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Why is it So Hard to Quit Smoking? (It Doesn't Have to Be!) ”

Stop Smoking Tips

If you take the time to create a good plan that is firm you will find a much better success rate. Setting yourself up for success is one of the most important things that you can do in your attempt to quit smoking and failing to do this will often result in the cycle of continuously trying to quit.

Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader.