Stop Smoking Tips

If you're interested in trying to quit smoking, you're probably looking all over the place for a decent list of stop smoking tips.

I'll Tell You Why People Smoke and How to Quit Smoking 'Guaranteed'

Written by V Pender on 3/31/2009

Stopping smoking was probably one of the hardest things I have ever achieved in my life. That said it is also one thing in my life I can look on and think 'I'm so glad I'm a non-smoker'. Smoking is fast becoming one of the most unsociable things a person can do.

Every smoker I have spoken to I have asked this one simple question 'At what point in your life did you decide to become a smoker?' and the answer they give me is ..... 'i don't know'. This is because surely no one in their right mind would WANT to become a smoker. I can tell you now that the only reason a smoker smokes is simple!! They are addicted to nicotine,that feeling a smoker gets of relief when they have a cigarette first thing in the morning or after a long plane journey is simply feeding your addiction. I suppose you could find similarities with drug abuse as nicotine is a drug which millions of people become addicted to. But the problem with nicotine is it is probably one the most highly addictive drugs available today and probably THE most available.

Next we can move on to the health risks associated with smoking because we all know there are many. There are no physical reasons for us to start smoking, the body doesn't need nicotine like it does food, water, sleep or exercise. There are many chemicals in cigarettes that in high enough doses would kill us easily and quickly. However they are such small doses that it takes time for them to affect the body and long term smokers can suffer from things such as heart disease, stroke, emphysema (breakdown of lung tissue), and many types of cancer including lung, throat, stomach, and bladder cancer. People who smoke also have an increased risk of infections like bronchitis and pneumonia. As well of all these major illnesses a smoker can also look forward to having bad skin, bad breath, bad smelling clothes and hair greater risk of injury and illness and reduced athletic performance.

So now on to something that interests all of us especially in the current climate..... 'MONEY'. Smoking is a ridiculously expensive hobby, I live in the U.K and during my 15 years as a smoker I estimate I spent somewhere in the region of £30,000 or $43,000. Also I wouldn't say I was a heavy smoker as some of the people I know today are smoking 2 to 3 times more than I ever did. When I stopped smoking I saved the money that I was spending on cigarettes and bought my self the car I had wanted for some time, so as you can see financial burden of smoking is huge and my life certainly became much better after I had quit smoking.

Quit Smoking Pills

http://www.squidoo.com/Quit-Smoking-Today1

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Phil_Knott

Health News:

Acai Berry Diet Seeds - Are There Health Benefits For Your Colon
Cleansing, Weight Loss & Anti-Aging

Given the right conditions, the acai berry diet seed could be planted and grown. To understand this better though, acai grows in the forests of the Amazon where there...

  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ I'll Tell You Why People Smoke and How to Quit Smoking 'Guaranteed' ”

Stop Smoking Tips

If you take the time to create a good plan that is firm you will find a much better success rate. Setting yourself up for success is one of the most important things that you can do in your attempt to quit smoking and failing to do this will often result in the cycle of continuously trying to quit.

Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader.